Matt McDarby Bio
- I began my B2B selling career nearly thirty years ago, and the journey from average seller to highly effective seller and sales leader has been humbling and gratifying.
- While selling and leading the enterprise sales team at Huthwaite, I noticed that organizations were not focusing enough time and resources on training and developing sales managers. I started my own sales management training and development company, United Sales Resources, in 2010 to fulfill that unmet need.
- Since then, my mission has been to help sales managers recognize important opportunities for development, to address problems that are keeping them from achieving their goals, and to help them become more effective leaders. I am happy to report that our focus on sales leadership development is making a huge impact on our clients’ sales performance.
- I published my first book in September 2017, The Cadence of Excellence: Key Habits of Effective Sales Managers, and the experience reinforced the value of storytelling. With all the dry statistics and jargon-heavy talk we see about professional sales and leadership, I’ve found that people gravitate to stories about how others succeeded and overcame common obstacles.
- Check out the reviews of The Cadence of Excellence on Amazon.