What it Means
Align your sales team’s activities to the evolving needs and buying trends of your customers.
Why it Matters
It’s proven that effective alignment of your sales team, with your company’s go-to-market strategy ensures that your sales team:
- Can communicate your solution’s value in prospecting messages which can suddenly increase lead quality leading to higher sales conversations
- Has new and better opportunities to sell to the type of buyer that needs and buys your solutions
“Well aligned sales and marketing teams can account for a 15% increase in win rate.”
– Aligning Strategy and Sales, Harvard Business School professor Frank Cespedes
Identify your performance challenges
- Do you have clarity on the connection between go-to-market strategy and sales team performance?
- Do you attract interest from the kinds of leads that will buy your solution?
- Does your team convey the value of your solutions:
- In prospecting messages?
- In sales conversations?
“If you don’t know where you’re going, you’ll end up someplace else”
Creating an action-plan to align sales with the GTM starts with YOU:
- Reflect on how you connect your team to the type of prospect that needs and buys your solutions
- Reflect on how your team demonstrates the value of your solutions in prospecting and sales calls
- Identify areas for improvement
- Commit to plan, implement and reassess your sales team’s effectiveness in getting to the right type of buyer and winning their business
If you need help creating an action plan, seek help from experts that can guide you to answer these and other questions critical to your team’s success, the fastest path to discover the answers is to call us now at 888-877-1956. You can also attend our workshop or fill in the form on the right to download a free whitepaper going into more details of the Five Fundamentals of Effective Sales Management. Pick your path.
‘Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.’
― Warren Buffett